Access to Sustainable Energy in the Philippines (ASEP)
Strengthening Off-grid Lighting with Appropriate Renewable Energy Solutions (SOLARES) Project
Solar Home Systems (SHS) for Strengthening Off-grid Lighting with Appropriate Renewable Energy Solutions (SOLARES) Project, Mindanao, Philippines, SOCOTECO II and SUKELCO
1. Mahintana Foundation, Inc. has received grant funds from the European Union for the implementation of the Strengthening Off-grid Lighting with Appropriate Renewable Energy Solutions (SOLARES) Project, Philippines, and intends to apply part of the funds toward payments under the contract for Solar Home System.
2. Mahintana Foundation, Inc. now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for the supply and installation supervision of 5,000 Solar Home Systems (SHS) units in the service areas of the South Cotabato II Electric Cooperative, Inc. (SOCOTECO II) and Sultan Kudarat Electric Cooperative, Inc. (SUKELCO) located in Provinces of Sarangani and Sultan Kudarat, Mindanao, Philippines. These SHS units are to be installed in accordance with program milestones. No margin of domestic preference shall be applied for this procurement. However, bidders should already have Lighting Global (LG) verified solar products or as stated within the Bidding Documents to be technically qualified to participate.
3. Bidding will be conducted through the International Open Bidding (IOB) procedures as specified in the European Union’s Guidelines/Practical Guide: Procurement and Grants for European Union External Actions [Applicable as of 2 August 2018] (“Procurement Guidelines”), and is open to all eligible bidders as defined in the Procurement Guidelines. In addition, please refer to Instruction to Bidders (ITB) subsections 3.9., 5.1.and 5.2 of the Bidding Document setting forth the policy on conflict of interest, corrupt and fraudulent practices.
4. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from Mahintana Foundation, Inc., at www.mahintana.org and inspect the bidding documents during office hours, 0900 to 1600 hours MNL time, at the address given below.
5. A complete set of bidding documents in English may be purchased by interested eligible bidders upon the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of EUR 900. The method of payment will be by check or cash deposit to RCBC (French Street, Polomolok, South Cotabato) EURO Account 8-562-00159-0 in the name of Mahintana Foundation, Inc.
6. The document will be sent by express courier to a requested address or collected at the address given below.
7. A Pre-bid meeting shall be held on 22 August 2019, 1 PM, at the address below and shall be open only to those that have purchased a complete set of bidding document
8. Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before 1:00 PM of 30 September 2019. Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the bidder’s designated representatives who choose to attend at the address below at 1:00 PM of 30 September 2019.
9. All bids must be accompanied by a “Bid-Securing Declaration” following the prescribed form included in Section IV, Bidding Forms, of the Bidding Documents.
10. The address referred to for inspection of bidding documents and collection of purchased bidding documents is:
Mahintana Foundation, Inc.
Attn: The SOLARES Project Manager
Cannery Housing, Cannery Site, Polomolok,
South Cotabato, Mindanao, Philippines
Tel: +63 (083) 500-8434
11. The address referred to for pre-bid meeting, submission and public opening of bids is:
MFI Conference Room,
Mahintana Foundation, Inc.
Cannery Housing, Cannery Site,
Polomolok, South Cotabato,